Labels

Monday 14 December 2015

Mummy2five's Christmas Gift Guide Part 1

Shopping for loved ones can get a little tricky at Christmas. I not only struggle with extended family members but my own children too. I am always on the look out for new ideas and I am sure others are too. Below is our Christmas gift guide.

Imagination Runs Wild

I love any product that allows a child's imagination to run free. We love the fairy doors from The Irish Fairy Door Company. We recently reviewed one and I have to say, myself and my children love it. For just £19.99 we all think that this would make a fabulous gift for a child this Christmas. They can be placed inside the home or out in the garden. The Irish Fairy Door Company also sell accessories which compliment the doors perfect. What child would not want their own secret fairy!

Make it Personal
Photobox have a vast range of gifts available to suit all budgets. I love giving or receiving personal gifts. I recently ordered a canvas and phone case from Photobox. The quality is fantastic and delivery was really quick. The canvas looks fantastic on the wall and I hope to order more in the near future. My phone case has received many compliments & many friends have asked where I got it from. It is a really sturdy case with a rubber interior which helps with grip. I like how it is curved like the iphone 6 to keep its sleek design.

A tipple or Two
For the spirit drinker in our lives you can not go wrong with a bottle of their favourite tipple.
Gin is a popular choice of drink and what more could you want than a glass of Tanqueray London Dry with cold refreshing tonic water. With an extra smooth taste, it has an elegance that sets it apart from the rest and a flavour that shines in sophisticated cocktails and vibrant gin and tonics. Personally I would love some Tanqueray London Dry mixed in to make a winter cocktail. My favourite has to be Mulled Tanqueray Punch
Making it couldn't be easier.
Ingredients:
35ml Tanqueray London Dry
60ml Pressed Apple Juice
25ml Spiced Sugar Syrup
15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
Cinnamon stick
Whole Fresh Apple
Whole Fresh
Orange Cloves

Method: Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and add cloves, cinnamon and orange peel, heat up and serve into a latte glass with a clove studded apple slice. (You can multiple the recipe to make a large batch if you are entertaining friends)
Units – 1.6

You can buy Tanqueray London Dry Gin £26.60 (1L bottle) at Waitrose or
£22.50 (70cl bottle) gift boxed at Alexander and James
Tanqueray Copa Glass £12.00 at Alexander and James

We have one for the Whiskey lovers too. Beinn Dubh single malt whisky, is the perfect gift this Christmas: with hints of rich, decadent chocolate – as well as fruit and currants – it’s just like Christmas cake in a glass. For those who love rich traditional fruit cake, Beinn Dubh captures the taste perfectly – without the months of preparation that goes into making one. Now, I am not a fan of whisky but they mentioned cake so it would be rude not to. I have saved my bottle to have after I have finished eating my Christmas pudding. Beinn Dubh is 43% ABV and the 70cl bottle has an RRP of £50. For more information about Beinn Dubh visit - www.beinndubh.com.

Supermarket Bargains
I called into Morrisons as I had been given a £20 voucher. I went in with the intent on getting some pyjamas for my children's Christmas eve boxes. There was a wide choice available and I settled on some Me to You fleece pyjamas. They are so soft and a bargain at £12, I checked to see if they had any in my size as I wanted a pair too sadly they never but they do have some beautiful ladies pyjamas that I have put on my Christmas list. Down the Christmas aisle there are bargains galore with many Christmas products reduced. I bought some Cinderella bubble bath to go in little ladies stocking and could not resist the all dancing all singing penguin. He dances and sings to the MC Hammer tune 'U Can't Touch This' and he is so funny. My children all love pressing his arm and watch him dance. There was also a cute singing reindeer that I would like to return for. 

Check out Part 2 and our Pet gift guide

Merry Christmas from us all at Mummy2five




No comments:

Post a Comment