Labels

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Student Pleasures

This time last year I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be excited over printers, new pens and folders.
I am currently on my last break from college before I finish for the year. I have four assignments to complete and revision to do. Next week I start to take my exams. I am incredibly nervous, I was not this nervous in 1998 when I originally took my exams. Back then I was the teen that thought she knew better, the teen that had her career dreams dashed through medical reasons, the teen who had the ability to do well but lacked the motivation. 17 years later I am now a nervous adult who has motivation and has put in the hard work. I currently have distinctions in every assignment; there has been plenty of them too. My controlled assessments have given me a grade A so far in English, I doubt I will achieve that as an overall grade but I am ok with that. I will be happy with a C in both my Maths and English. So as a mature student who is going through a stressful few weeks I am going to share my student pleasures.

Printers
My old printer is that old they no longer sell the ink for it and I have totally ran out of spare ink for it. This week I treated myself to a new printer from Tesco. No longer will I have to rush into college early on a Monday to print off my assignments. It is a Canon all in one, I paid just £59.99 and saved £40.00. It prints, scans, copies and can even send a fax(I don't think that last function will ever get used). What is even better is, it is wireless, no longer will I have to move the sofa just to print. It also prints double sided, I will no longer have to waste paper and ink trying to print a document double sided. I am so pleased with it.


Pens
What also gives me pleasure is pens, not any pen, Pilot pens! I am in love with my frixon Pilot pens. I chose to use them over my livescribe pen at the minute. Every piece of writing I do is done so using my trusty Pilot pens. I love that I can erase a word if I have written it incorrectly. I often get other students trying to steal my pens so I guard them with my life, ok that is a bit extreme. I would not give my life for them but I would hurt the fingers of the person who tried to steal them.


Folders
I have a love hate relationship with my folders, mainly because I have gone through so many of them the last nine months. I have had so many that last week I turned up to my English lesson with an empty folder. I had forgotten I had bought a new one and threw the old one in my bag in a rush whilst running out of the door. It is safe to say I felt rather stupid that I could produce no work that I had completed. I won't be making that mistake again and have learnt to throw the old ones out.

So there you have it, my student pleasures. I can't wait for August when I can go stationary shopping ready for my last year in college.

I really should invest in a new keyboard as the one I have the majority of the letters have rubbed off. That can wait for now, I enjoy playing guess the letter every time I type .

No comments:

Post a Comment