Labels

Saturday 22 February 2014

Stokke Xplory Review


Stokke Xplory with purple textiles on gravel with a matching purple shopping bag and purple changing bag If you follow my Facebook or Twitter you would have seen at some point me talking about my love of my Stokke Xplory, I have been using it for 9 months now and I still love it as much as I did when I first used it. I love the look of it, it certainly turns heads when we are out and about. I've had people come up to me and ask me about it, during the winter months people would come up and stroke the sheepskin on my winter kit whilst saying oh I wish I had one of these to keep me warm. From a little old man saying it looks space age whilst admiring it to the mum to be's saying it is their pram of choice, everyone has an opinion on my beautiful Stokke Xplory.  The most common comment would always be about the height of the seat, for me it is one of its best features. Little lady can see pretty much everything I can see no matter where we are. 
Anthracite winter kit with red textiles and red split leg footmuffWe visited the zoo on a rather cold day and she could clearly see all the animals whilst staying snug in her foot muff, no need to get her in and out constantly. It makes trips to the zoo on cold days much more enjoyable. Another thing she likes to do is press the buttons on the zebra crossing or lifts, she can easily reach without having to stretch, I just have to remember to keep her hands clear of the lift alarm because she loves to press that one too. Being able to interact with my child is excellent, she is at the perfect height to interact with me when in parent facing, she seems much happier being higher too. 
I love that I have lots of choice with this pushchair, if I fancy a different colour I can. The textile kits come in a wide choice of colours to suit everyone's taste. I've had purple and red so far, both are vibrant colours, my sister in law currently has black melange on her Xplory and it goes perfectly with the Anthracite Winter Kit. I love how easy it is to take off the textile kits to wash, because the height of the Xplory seat is adjustable it is excellent for pushing up close to the table to allow your child to eat at the table whilst out, it can get a bit mucky at times so being able to wash the textiles is a huge plus point.

Matching stripe blanket for the purple Stokke Xplory TextilesMatching stripe blanket for the red Stokke Xplory Textiles

For every textile kit colour you can buy a matching shopping bag, changing bag, foot muff, parasol and blanket. Each shopping bag comes with the rain cover and mosquito net, I have not used my mosquito net but I have used the rain cover. It is very easy to put over your xplory seat and it is one that my daughter tolerates(she has taken a dislike to being shielded from the rain). A must have accessory for me is the cup holder, I would totally be lost without mine, where would I place my Cappuccino if I never bought one?  
Pink Pixels Summer kit with Purple textiles purple changing bag and pink shopping bagAlong side the textile kits you can buy summer kits, I bought the pink pixels summer kit last summer and I loved it, it helped to keep little lady cool whilst protecting her from the suns harmful rays with its spf50 protection. On the Summer kit you can unzip the rear of the hood for extra ventilation to allow the breeze to pass through, the back cover is also partially ventilated. The summer kit comes with a sun sail that attaches to the hood, the sun sail gives protection from the sun from every angle. I found the parasol to be enough for us but if little lady would have been younger I would have used the sun sail too. It also comes with a terrycloth liner that is soft on your childs bare skin and will absorb any moisture and allows it to evaporate.  

Stokke Xplory with anthracite winter kit onStokke have it covered for winter too with their beautiful winter kits I bought the anthracite winter kit to use with my red textiles because I love to mix colours, if I wanted a perfect match I could have bought the equally gorgeous red winter kit. Not only are they gorgeous they have a purpose, they are a snowsuit for your pushchair that helps to keep your child snug during the coldest days, it also keeps your hand warm too. The winter kit comes with a storm cover that protects your child from the wind and snow, the hood is insulated and gives protection from the cold & the back panel also does the same job. The hood has a genuine sheepskin trim as does the handmuff, the handmuff fits perfectly around the handle of the Xplory cocooning your hands to keep them warm and away from the bitter wind that winter has to offer. It also has a pocket that is perfect to keep your keys or phone secure but at hand. 
Genuine sheepskin trim on the winter kit hoodI was very thankful I had bought the winter kit on bonfire night last year, little lady was well protected from the cold and also fell sound asleep and stayed asleep during the fireworks, not even the loudest bangs woke her. Had I not had the winter kit I doubt she would have stayed asleep throughout the evening.

Stokke xplory going over wet grassI live in the countryside and have not had a problem getting the Xplory over wet grass & I can manoeuvre it easily around all the shops in town. One thing you might notice is that there is not shopping basket sitting under the Xplory, Stokke have cleverly given you a shopping bag that straps onto your chassis and sits on the front plate. I can fit quite a lot inside the bag too, as I said earlier the shopping bags can be bought to match your textiles so everything can match perfectly. The matching changing bag you can buy clips under the seat or you can wear it over your shoulder. I recommend having a peek at the full range of accessories that Stokke have for the Xplory.

The height of the handle adjusts making it perfect for the couple who are different heights. The seat adjusts in height, and can be in world or parent facing. In world facing it can be positioned in rest or active and in parent facing it can be placed if active, rest and sleep mode. It can be used from newborn right up until your child no longer needs a pushchair. The seat is very generous in size, my 5 year old can fit in it easily & comfortably. It also comes with a newborn insert for your newborn baby should you chose not to buy a carrycot. The size of the xplory when folded is what I hear the most concern about, mainly if it will fit in their boot. Stokke Lovers have that covered too and have a gallery of Stokke Xplorys in peoples boots 

I would recommend the Stokke Xplory to anyone, I think this pushchair is so versatile it can easily fit into your life and make travelling with your child much easier.



I still love it as much as I did when it first arrived

I was sent the Stokke Xplory, all extra textiles and accessories I purchased. All images and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment