Labels

Saturday 23 November 2013

Cosatto Hug 1-2-3 Car Seat

Being A Cosatto Buddy means we get to test their lovely products, we love putting products to the test and have even roped my nephew into being a mini tester too. Cosatto sent me the fantastic Hug 1-2-3 car seat to put through its paces. Being a 1-2-3 group car seat means it is suitable for ages 9 months to 11 years or 9kg - 36kg. This is where my nephew comes in, my daughter is 2 so I wanted to see what a 9 month old was like in the car seat so who better to be a mini tester than him. The Hug car seat comes in two designs, the All Star as shown and the beautiful Golightly. Cosatto describes the All Star design as "a monochrome mover with rebellious red flashes" and I 100% agree.
The Hug car seat is the most padded car seat I have come across, the padded matching liner can be removed as your child grows and the head rest can be fully adjusted too. The 5 point safety harness comes fully padded so your child will be in a comfortable hug from the front to behind. The quick release buckle is easy to release for an adult but not for a child. The easy adjustable harness makes life easier when you have thicker clothing on your child during the colder months, you don't have to fiddle with the straps, just press the release button and pull. 
What I first noticed about the Hug is the side impact protection on it, the second thing I noticed other than its gorgeous design is the fitting, it is different to any other car seat I have had and trust me I have had lots. Threading the seat belt has been made easier and safer, it has more lock off points and from a mothers point of view I feel that it is a safer fitting than your standard fitting on a car seat. The Hug with its great side impact protection does seem like it is a bigger seat than some, it comes in at 50cm wide and has a height of 64cm and a weight of 9.5kg. I love the leatherette fabric, you do feel like you are getting a luxurious product that costs only £220. I think the price is excellent as it can be use from 9 months right up to the age of 11 years. My nephew uses the All Star Hug every day, the recline is perfect for him when he needs to shut those beautiful eyes of his and his Mummy and Daddy also find it to be an excellent car seat.

I received the Hug car seat for the purpose of the review. All images and opinions are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment