Labels

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Disney Cakes and Sweets


 Have you ever wanted to make your child their very own birthday cake but always thought you can't and bought one form a supermarket or ordered one in from a bakers? You will not be alone I am sure, a good few years back I would never dreamt of making a cake, my cup cakes came out of a box &  I added a good old egg to the pre mix packet. Eventually I took the plunge and braved making my own from scratch, I never stopped there I went on to make every cake we needed including my own wedding cake with the help of my mother in law who makes the most delicious fruit cake.
Eaglemoss have brought out a Disney Cakes & Sweets magazine, I was impressed with the free gifts before even opening the magazines and once I'd looked through them I was very impressed with the skills you can learn, the impressive cakes and biscuits looked all the easier to make. I knew that with the skills I had built up and the skills and equipment that the magazine offers I could easily make the cakes so I opted to make some biscuits, biscuits I am not so confident in making so it seemed like a good challenge and the fact it was my nieces birthday coming up and she is a huge fan of Mickey and Minnie Mouse and I happened to have Minnie & Mickey cookie cutters free with issue 1 & 3.
I had been sent issue 1 & 2 but because I found it that useful I have continued to buy them.

I set about making the biscuits, they looked great but the true test would be in the taste testing on 6 opinionated children. I am please to report they were a success. Red and black icing covered their faces and they were all very impressed.
My Mickey and Minnie biscuits

Now if you think that these are just what you need you can still purchase back copies, you could even subscribe to the Disney Cakes & Sweets and never miss an issue plus get lots of free goodies. I shall continue to purchase my issues and at the end of it all I will make the Disney castle cake on the front of issue 1.

I was sent issue 1 & 2 for the purpose of the review, all opinions are of my own and all other issues I have purchased myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment