Labels

Monday 10 June 2013

My First Crayola Musical Rub-Art Station



If you are a regular reader you may have noticed that we are hosting a My First Crayola Twitter Party on Monday 10th June from 8 till 9.30pm, if you are free come join us. #myfirstcrayolaparty
To be able to tell you all about My First Crayola I have been sent a selection of Crayola's My First Range to try out.

You can read our review of the My First Crayola Palm Grip Washable Markers , My First Crayola Colour and Flip Book, My First Crayola Colouring and Sticker books, My First Crayola Washable Markers or below is our review of the My First Crayola Musical Rub-Art Station.





As a child I loved doing brass rubbings, I loved watching an image appear on my paper by rubbing a crayon over a brass rubbing plate. The My First Crayola Rub-Art Station is the same thing only it appeals to younger children with its farm yard theme. In this set you get the rub art station, 4 washable crayons, 2 double sided rubbing plates and the rubbing tool. The rubbing tool is made in a way that makes it easy for a toddler to hold onto it, it fits the crayons into the groove easily allowing them to rub the crayon across the paper with ease. Whilst they are rubbing the crayon across the paper the rub-art station plays farm yard noises and music, this encourages your child to keep rubbing the paper. 
My daughter who is 24 months did get a little confused as we have taught her how to hold a crayon correctly so rubbing went against all we had shown her so far but after a few attempts she got the hang of it. The Musical Rub-Art Station is suitable for ages 24 months and upwards which I think is around the right age for a child to begin to use it & the RRP is just £9.99. You will also need to purchase paper in a 4" x 6" for you child to make their rubbings on, I cut up some A4 paper into the correct sizes, you will also need 3xAAA batteries in order for the station to play the sounds and music. 
This one was quite a popular one with the children, the younger ones have no problems holding the rubbing tool. My son who has special needs kept asking if he could use it despite him being much older. I think because it rewards with music & sounds it makes it much more appealing to a child. I would definitely recommend it to family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment