Labels

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Leek & sausage tortilla recipe

 When I received the latest email from Brit Mums I noticed that they are in search of egg recipes in exchange for a chance to receive a great prize, not only that but the first 100 qualified entries receive a copy of the classic cook book Eggs by Michel Roux & boy do I need that recipe book. Keeping 4 chickens means I have plenty of eggs & my children are  bored of just getting egg soldiers, they do however enjoy the yummy cakes I bake so this recipe book would give me plenty of ideas to use up the 28 eggs a week I get.

 Below is my entry for #eggmainsinminutes Linky on BritMums

Leek & Sausage Torilla

I am not the greatest cook, baking is more my thing so this is a nice and easy recipe that will serve 2 people.


Preparation time 5 mins
 cooking time 15 minutes.

Ingredients

 6 medium eggs

half of a red pepper

6oz/115g chorizo sausage

tbsp olive oil
3 leeks
salt and pepper




Preparation
Wash then thinly slice your leeks & place in a bowl.
Chop your red pepper in half, de-seed & chop just half of it, again put into a small bowl.
Slice the sausage, I sliced mine to approx 5mm thick and place in a bowl.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, you can now season to taste with the salt and pepper.

Cooking 
Add the olive oil to your frying pan and heat on a medium heat. Put the leeks into the frying pan and cook for around 4-5 minutes until soft, stir occasionally whilst they cook. 
Add the sausage and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
Pour in the beaten eggs & cook until the underneath has set, during this time carefully scrape back the cooked egg from around the edge of the frying pan allowing the uncooked egg to go underneath to cook. 
Now it is time to flip your tortilla over, the easiest way to do this is to take the frying pan off the heat and place a plate over the tortilla taking care not to burn your hands & carefully flip the plate and the frying pan upside down so the tortilla is then cooked side up on the plate. Carefully slide it back into the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes. 
Slide the tortilla onto a plate, slice then serve, I add some cherry tomatoes to my plate because they taste lovely with the leek and sausage tortilla. 



I love the taste, the leek and chorizo work really well together to make a delicious, easy meal for 2. If you are cooking for children then it will be enough for 3/4 small children. 




No comments:

Post a Comment