Labels

Monday 8 October 2012

Hama beads Dragon & Robots set

Craft Merrily  sent me 2 hama beads sets to review, I received hama beads Robots & hama beads Dragon. Both sets are from the medium kit range which is the midi hama beads, they are both suitable for ages 5+ but my 4 year old had no problem as he has great fine motor skills, he could easily follow the diagram & only asked for help occasionally & my other son who has special needs was able to complete the purple dragon with a little help from me, I was really surprised he was able to place the hama beads onto the beg board as he normally finds activities that require concentration difficult. They only really needed me for when it was time to fuse beads together with the hot iron which was also really easy, I half expected me to melt the hama beads to the board but the instructions told me what to set my iron at & it worked a treat. 

In both the sets you get more than enough beads to cover the projects and more.
What's in the box
In the Robots hama bead set you get:
2500 beads
1 large peg board
1 reel of cotton 
1 display ring
1 ironing sheet
1 coloured design sheet
1 set of instructions 

In the Dragon hama bead set you get:
3000 beads
1 small peg board
1 dragon shaped peg board
4 bead supports
1 ironing sheet
1 coloured design sheet
1 set of instructions 


The Dragon set can be bought from Craft merrily for £8.95 & the Robots set is £9.95 
Both sets are really worth the money & are an excellent craft project that with help a child to follow instructions, work on their fine motor skills & most of all have fun with. I enjoyed watching the boys play together & I loved seeing their amazed faces when I handed back their creations after I had fused the beads together with the iron. The hama beads are safe to use & are non toxic even if they are eaten. I secretly had a play myself once the children went off to bed, so with the spare beads I am making door signs for their bedrooms but shh! don't tell them, it is a surprise.  I would highly recommend Hama beads to family & friends & I will be buying more sets for Christmas.



received both sets for the purpose of the review only, all words & opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment