Labels

Monday 13 August 2012

Tots100 Book Club-Tell me a story before I go to bed

As part of the Summer reading challenge with Tots100 Book Club I have chosen one of our favourite children's books, I love reading Tell me a story before I go to bed to our son because it is a lovely story about a father taking his Daughter Anna-Sophia up the wooden hill to tell her a story & tuck her into bed.

I think I love it so much because my mum would call the stairs the wooden hill when I was a child, throughout the book Anna-Sophia is trying to find out what the wooden hill could possibly be! Her Daddy giving her clues along the way making her think of her favourite places to visit; the park, a picnic & climbing the trees, all are things that a child will do over the summer so I particularly like to read this when we have had fun summer days because I can then discuss what we have done that day with him. The first time we read it my son had fun trying to guess what the wooden hill was using the clue that Anna-Sophia's Daddy gives.

The Author is Sam McBratney & it is Illustrated by Sebastien Braun 
It has 32 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment