Labels

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Mothers Day ideas

Mothers Day is ever so close, if you are looking for ideas that are quick and easy you have come to the right place. A few years back we made my mother in law some unique gifts and here I will tell you how we did it.


Firstly we printed a small image of my son onto A4 photo paper, then we added a little verse all to do with little hands, I got the verse off a print that my husband did when he was small but have since found the verse on the internet. The verse is:



There are always so many of my fingerprints to see,
On the furniture and walls from sticky, grubby me,
But if you stop and think a while,
You'll see I'm growing fast,
Those little handprints will disappear,
You can't bring back the past.
So here's a small reminder,
To keep not throw away,
Of how those tiny hands once looked,
To make you smile one day



Print the Verse out below the printed image, then cover your child's hands in paint( I bought some Childrens finger painting paints) then place both hands either side of the verse. You may find it easier to do 1 hand at a time & test a few hand prints out of scrap paper first. Leave your prints to dry then frame them.



This is how my son's looked
(sorry about the image quality I asked my mother in law to quickly send it to me)


Another unique gift idea is to make a picture cd, you can do this my using the Windows DVD maker on your laptop or pc if you have the program installed. Add all of your favourite images, you could even add a little music to go with the images, then burn onto a disc. For the disc cover you could do 1 hand print of your child then allow to dry, once it is fully dry write the verse over the hand print.


Unique Gifts for unique women :)

No comments:

Post a Comment