Labels

Friday 8 July 2016

Hobbycraft Teepee Play Tent

A while back Hobbycraft kindly sent us a Teepee Play Tent for review. The teepee comes ready for you to decorate however you or your child wishes to do so. The only things you need is some materials and a little bit of imagination.
I pulled it all out of the box and inserted the wooden poles and tada it was up, in my living room I might add. Inside is where little lady spent the next few hours after collecting every stuffed toy she owns for a private tea party. I stared at the blank white canvas from the outside, little lady stared at it from the inside. Little lady wanted to paint handprints as shown on the box, little T recommended doing a minecraft theme but mummy2five won when I pitched my idea. I wanted a woodland theme. I pictured hedgehogs, foxes, owls and rabbits. Being a little bit crafty I had all sorts of materials and wool that allowed me to create a few little animals. But I wanted a special touch so I decided to look through clothes that had grown too small or baby clothing that I had saved from when the children were little. 

After creating templates I got to work cutting into the clothing whilst recounting great memories  from when they wore the clothes. A snip here and a stitch there and we had an owl. A little while later and Herbert the Hedgehog was created. Next was the rabbit and flower. I had found some bee appliqués and sewn a line of stitches to show where Billy the busy bee had flown from.

I had created two scenes and realised I had nothing to make a red fox out of so I am waiting for little lady to allow me to cut into one of her orange tops to create a red fox and a red squirrel. Trying to persuade a five year old that has somehow inherited your own stubbornness is no easy feat. 

In the mean time she wanted to play with her new teepee so out in the garden it went. Her and her two little cousins love it. Their own little den where their imaginations can run wild. It is one of the first thing little lady asks for me to pull out on sunny days. I am sure it will provide her with years of fun whilst providing me with great memories of the clothes she once wore.


Whilst I patiently wait for my daughter to lose a bit of stubbornness I made some bunting and a pillow for her teepee. Maybe I should admit defeat and buy some material for the fox.


The teepee is 140 x 120cm. The canvas comes plain ready for you to decorate however you wish and the quality of the canvas is great. I was impressed with the quality especially with the teepee only being £35. When your child is not using the teepee it is easy to fold up and store upright in a shed or even inside the house which is where ours is stored on rainy days. I would recommend the Hobbycraft teepee to family and friends, we loved decorating ours.

Disclaimer: I was sent the teepee for review. All opinions and images are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment