Labels

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Mummy2five's Christmas Gift Guide Part 2

The Christmas gift guide continues.

To Keep you Warm
Woolovers sent me their fabulous cotton & cashmere striped button crew neck jumper to put to the test. Now with the mixed blend of cotton and cashmere I did not expect it to feel as soft as 100% cashmere but I can honestly not fault it. It feels really soft to the skin. I have washed it a few times now and it still feels as soft as the day it arrived.
If you are stuck on a gift you can not fault knitwear. What is better is Woolovers have a huge sale on at the minute with many items reduced in price.
I love that this nautical themed jumper matches my nautical wellies perfectly. It makes me want to forget my coat and head out looking perfectly matched.


One for the Kids
ImageA tradition in our house is to watch a film on Christmas Eve, our choice this year is On Angel Wings which is already out on dvd.
The story begins on a present day Christmas night. Rachel is eight and for the first time she is allowed to join her brothers and sister to visit their Grandfather Amos, as he carries out his annual ritual of a night in the hills, where he worked as a young shepherd boy.
Grandfather is delighted to see the children and a special bond is established between himself and Rachel. Like her, he was the youngest and was always getting in the way, struggling to do things better, fighting to be believed in. He tells them how she reminds him of a magical night and proceeds to recount how he was flown by the Angel Gabriel to become the first visitor to the newly-born Christ child, the Virgin Mary and Joseph.
Rich with human poignancy, ON ANGEL WINGS makes ideal holiday viewing for the entire family and is the perfect gift for Christmas. This very special DVD also features an exclusive Storyboard Commentary from director Dave Unwin (The Tales of Peter Rabbit, The Wind and the Willows, The Little Reindeer).

For the One who Loses Things
Everyone has a friend or family member that loses things. For me, I am that person. I lose my keys on a daily basis, granted they are always in my home but I do have sentimental items attached to my keys and would be upset if I was to lose them forever. This is where the Gigaset G-tag comes in handy. Just attach it to your keys and download the app. Link up to the G-Tag and you can locate your keys whenever you lose them. It is ironic that when I went to put the G-tag on my keys it took me a good 10 minutes of hunting for them. I am also tempted to attack a G-tag to my kids coats so I can locate them when the paranoid parent in me kicks in. It is available from Amazon priced at £17.50, the colours available are black, white, orange, red and green.

Skin Care
Having suffered with eczema all of my life I love receiving new products to try. I am often reluctant to spend money on products I have not used previously as I am allergic to many products. Hope's relief products are hypoallergenic, 100% free from steroids, paraffin, parabens, petrochemicals, SLS, perfumes and colours. This for me is music to my ears. I was sent a Goats Milk body wash to try out and I must say I am impressed. My skin felt soft and it did not leave my skin feeling tight like body washes I have used in the past have.  It is not often I am bought bath sets as my family all know how badly I react to some. I think any of Hope's Relief products would be a welcome gift to those who suffer with dry skin conditions.

Personalised Phone Cases
My girls have asked for iphones this year. Going from their track record a phone case is a must so when I was offered two cases from Mr Nutcase I jumped at the chance. You can choose from a designed case or personalise your own. I let both of the girls choose what they wanted. There are 100s of beautiful designed cases to choose from but they opted for a personalised one. I was quite thrilled when they asked could they choose a picture I had taken to be put on their case. The cases arrived very quickly. They come in a jiffy bag so if you are giving it as a gift I recommend that you buy a cute little box to package it in. You can buy cases for a vast range of phones and tablets so be sure to check out Mr Nutcase website. 



Merry Christmas from us all at Mummy2five

 

No comments:

Post a Comment