Labels

Thursday 19 December 2013

Sugar & Crumb making baking easier.



Sugar & Crumb are a new company that have recently launched, they shown their fabulous products to the public at the recent Cake International Show at the NEC in Birmingham. I sadly did not attend but would love to attend the next show. Since teh show they have been very busy over at Sugar & Crumb which does not surprise me because their products made my recent cake making easier. I love to inject flavours into my cakes and it seems Sugar and Crumb do too. I received 3 125g sample packs that consisted of Tropical fruits & Lemon Drizzle icing sugar along with cocoa powder, I also received a 250g bag of coconut icing sugar. 
I decided to make chocolate cake with coconut butter cream and Chocolate coconut cake balls. For the chocolate coconut cake balls I followed the cake recipe Sugar & Crumb sent me using the cocoa powder. I baked the cakes then before cooling I placed them back in the mixer and mixed till it all crumbled. I then rolled it into small balls and placed on a tray in the fridge for 1 hour to chill. Once chilled melt white chocolate and generously cover the cake balls and then dip them into the bowl of desiccated coconut covering the whole ball and place back into the fridge to chill for another hour. After the 1 hour they are ready to eat.

Next I made a simple chocolate cake mix that would make 12 cakes. Once they were fully cooked I left them to cool, make sure they are fully cooled otherwise the butter cream will melt. Whilst they were cooling I made my butter cream using the coconut icing. I separated half of the butter cream and decorated half of the cakes in white butter cream and added red food colouring to the other half of the butter cream and decorated the rest of the cakes in the red butter cream. If you want nice white butter cream my top tip is to mix the butter for a good 5 minutes before adding the icing sugar. I love my Tefal mixer for this job because it really does make mixing easy.
Both of the cakes were topped with little iced holly, they really did taste delicious. The right amount of flavour is used in the icing to my liking, if you are not a big fan of intense flavours divide the bag of icing and replace the same amount with unflavoured icing.

You can find Sugar & Crumb on Facebook and Twitter, pop over to their page to be inspired.

Disclaimer- I was sent the products for the purpose of the review all additional ingredients I provided.







No comments:

Post a Comment