Labels

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Race for life, my princess and I

On Sunday we packed up the minibus & headed for Heaton Park in Manchester. The reason for us travelling almost 70 miles was so I could take part in the Race for Life. I was asked by Scottish Power if I would take part in their High 5 Challenge & in return they would sponsor me £200, I was not about to turn down the chance to receive £200 for Cancer Research UK so I of course agreed. 

To take part in the Scottish Power High 5 Challenge I was sent a High 5 glove to bling up ready for all the high 5's I would be doing on the day & I sure did many of them, almost every steward & a lovely lady who had a high foam glove got a high 5 from me. My whole family also took part in the High 5 Challenge, even my little lady who also joined me on my race for life walk. 



Rhian loved being pushed around the 5k course and towards the end she got out of her pushchair and walked the last part.
The atmosphere was brilliant, everyone had come together for the same reason, to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK 





I am very proud of us for getting round & raising much need money for Cancer Research UK, next year I might even attempt to run the 5k & again I hope can raise as much possible for such a worthy cause.
If you would like to donate, please visit my just giving page  to sponsor me or text MTOF81 followed by the amount you wish to donate to 70070


No comments:

Post a Comment