Labels

Tuesday 11 December 2012

A night in with Ladbrokes

A while back Ladbrokes sent me a party box as a treat on them to have a good night in with friends or family.
The timing was perfect as it was coming up for my birthday so as I had family coming down from Manchester & local family coming to help me celebrate my birthday I thought it would be great to crack open the party box. I the box was a poker set, a dvd, twister, cocktail making items(minus any alcohol) party plates & cups, an itunes voucher & a pizza hut gift voucher. So entertainment, food & music was sorted all I had to do it get some ingredients in for the cocktails & my birthday celebrations were set to go.


Having a night in with family is a treat for us because we don't see each other as often as we like & going out for a night is a very rare occasion, so rare that the last time we went out was 2011 & I am not kidding either.

We decided the cocktail of the night was going to be mai tai because it is the quickest to make, I got the recipe out of my new cocktail recipe book & I must say they were rather tasty & went down a treat. We had a friendly game of poker, well I say friendly but the rest didn't look to happy when I took all of their chips off them.
As the night was coming to a close we opened up twister & even got my mother in law playing, maybe that was a bit mean because we had a slight advantage on her but my pregnant sister in law was nominated to be the spinner so it was just luck of the draw(well we  can't expect a pregnant lady to contortionist could we!). Thankfully I was flexible & the old bones have not seized up yet, so yeas once again I was crowned the winner & rightly so, I was the birthday girl after all.

It was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday & catch up with family members.






No comments:

Post a Comment