Labels

Sunday 25 November 2012

Melting Snowman Biscuits

 It is almost December so it is time to start on the Christmas goodies so I bring to you Melting Snowmen Biscuits, I saw many of these done last year but I never got round to making any myself so I started early on them this year after seeing a recipe by Annabel Karmel in December issue of Practical Parenting & pregnancy magazine it reminded me that I need to make a start. I used the ingredients in the magazine for the biscuits but any biscuit recipe you have would work well too. I just did my own thing with decorating them so you could get creative & use what ever edible decorations you have.


Ingredients for the biscuits


225g butter
225g Plain flour
100g corn flour
100g caster sugar

I sieved in the flour, caster sugar & cornflour all into a bowl, I then added the butter(room temperature always blends in better) I then mixed them together in the mixer until it all because a crumbly mixture. I then turned my hand into the tools & kneaded it all together to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film & chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Take the dough out of the fridge & roll it out on a lightly flour dusted surface then cut out a figure of 8 shape in the dough or you could use a circular cutter if you prefer. Place them on a greased baking tray(spaced out because the dough will expand) then chill them for a further 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C & then bake them for around 15 minutes. Once they are done take them out & allow them to cool on a rack.

To decorate you will need: 

300g royal icing
50ml cold water 
black & orange sugar pearls
white marshmallows
fizzy strawberry strips



Once they are cooled it is time to decorate & I love this bit the most. Mix 300g of royal icing sugar with 50mls of cold water, you will need to mix it until it forms peaks, then put the mixture into a piping bag with a writing nozzle & cover the biscuit leaving the edge clear of icing, if you don't have a piping bag you can spread it onto the biscuit using a knife. Before the icing dries put 1 white marshmallow on to make the snowman's head & place 3 black sugar pearls down in a line about 1cm in front of the marshmallow to make the snowman's buttons. put a tiny bit of icing onto 2 black sugar pearls & stick them on the marshmallow for the eyes & do the same with the orange sugar pearl to make the nose. I cut my fizzy strawberry strips down to size then wrapped them around the marshmallow to make the scarf, I then lightly sprinkled edible glitter over it to make a shimmering snow effect.

Your melting snowmen are now complete, all that is left to do is eat them.






4 comments:

  1. These look great and bet they taste good too. Going to have a go later this week the kids will love them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, feel free to share your pictures on my facebook page when you have done them, we would love to see them.

      Delete
  2. These are very cute and so creative. The poor snowman melted in the oven. I'm sure every kid will go crazy this. Who doesn't love marshmallows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melting snowmen biscuits are really cute, I love marshmallows so it is a winner for me.

      Delete