Labels

Saturday 24 November 2012

Gyro-Botz Deluxe Battle Arena

In our 3rd Toyologist box we had Gyro-Botz Deluxe Battle Arena, now in the past I have bought a similar battle game for my eldest son mainly because he likes to watch things spin so I had high hopes for the Gyro-Botz. Setting it up was nice & easy, the arena is made out of plastic which past experience has taught me that these break easily if they are not looked after, if it is stood on or left amongst a pile of toys it will break so extra care is needed.

In this set you get 2 Gyro-Botz, 1 deluxe arena, 2 rip cords & a sticker sheet. The Gyro-Botz can be spun using the rip cord & then placing the Gyro-Botz on their heads, they spin in the arena for a while when in on their own but as soon as an extra spinning Gyro-Botz is added to battle they stop fairly soon after, they don't seem to have the ability to hit each other without stopping them spinning, now I know this is the aim of the game but the battle lasts seconds that way & to be totally honest it can get boring. My son age 4 had difficulties putting in the rip cord then pulling it to activate the spinning so bear this in mind although this set is suitable for ages 5+ so it could just be his age.

The back of the box says that you can bounce them, we all tried this & we could not make them bounce like they do on the box so this was a big let down.

You can buy this set from Toys R Us for £19.99 which I do think is more than I would pay for an item that does not do much & will not give my child much playing time. I do however think that if they would spin for longer whilst in the arena this would be a fun battle game.





No comments:

Post a Comment