Labels

Saturday 11 August 2012

Olympic mascot Wenlock soft toy & pen review

The Olympics are in full swing & I have to admit I am obsessed, I am loving how well we are doing & the kids are enjoying it too. If you have been watching I am sure you have seen Wenlock one of the Mascots.

Wenlock gets his name from Much Wenlock in Shropshire, it is a small town that I have passed through often & it is considered by many to be the birth place of the modern Olympics.

Wenlock represents interesting features that reflect the Olympics & London

The "W" light reflects London taxis.

The three spikes on Wenlock’s head represent 
the podium where athletes will collect their medals.

Wenlock’s one eye is actually a video camera 
so that it can record everything that it sees.

The bracelets are friendship bands in the 
colours of the five Olympic rings.


Wenlock is 30cm plush toy from Golden Bear Toys, it has a rrp of £19.99 but can be bought for just £9.99 at the minute. I was tempted to keep it as a keep sake because I know I will not see the Olympics back in London but after my son saw it he wanted it & has since taken Wenlock everywhere with him.


The Wenlock pen features 8 different colours perfect for the kids to get creative all with one pen, Wenlock sits on top of the pen which is Depth: 2cm, Height:15.5cm, width 2cm. It is suitable for ages 3+. Its rrp is £5.99 & can be bought for just £2.99 at the minute.

I think they are perfect to help children to take an interest in the Olympics & remember the time the Olympics was held in London.

I was sent the Wenlock plush toy & pen for the purpose of the review only.

No comments:

Post a Comment